About We Care
With Pricol’s longstanding commitment to social and employee welfare, we are determined to help create a better society. As good corporate citizens, we feel responsible to actively contribute our best efforts to enhance the lives of our society and the environment. Pricol group has initiated We Care, a program which involves in the CSR activities. As part of We Care, we continuously hold a variety of events that are in alignment with the above mentioned purpose.
The main focus areas of We Care are:
List of activities for (2015-2016)
- Computers donated to a Govt High School in Valavadi village near Udumalpet.
- Tree plantation in Govt High School at Valavadi village near Udumalpet.
List of activities for (2014-2015)
- Water purifiers with UV and Ozone technology are distributed to 22 rural Govt. schools, Under this project until Feb’15. These machines provided with four years free AMC.
- Free public eye camps are being conducted every month across all remote location and tribal settlements around Coimbatore.
- Free surgery was done for more than 140 people through this eye camp.
- Free spectacles are provided to school going children, who are diagnosed with eye defects.
- Furniture donation to rural Government schools – 20 Chairs were donated to the computer lab in the Govt. Higher Secondary School at Mathuvarayapuram village, Coimbatore
- A five hours first aid and fire safety training program through certified agencies are conducted across 12 rural Govt. schools around Coimbatore in the financial year 2014-15.
- Creating sanitation facility for girls in three identified rural Govt schools in Periyanaikenpalayam, Veerapandi and Rakipalayam village in the financial year 2014-15.
- Converted three empty reserve sights at Veerapandi village as tree parks and maintaining the same.
- De-silting and repair of check dam at Annanthambi pallam, Coimbatore
- Donated 15 computers to the rural and tribal Govt. schools in Mathuvarayapuram and Perumalkovilpathy village.
- Joy of giving week was observed across all operating locations. 5 essential groceries (Daal, Sugar, semolina, wheat flour and sunflower oil) were collected and distributed to 15 charitable institutions across India
- Tiled Flooring, water facility and furniture provided to a tribal settlement school in Perumalkovilpathy village near Coimbatore.
- Two pairs of school uniform and a pair of shoes were provided to all school children in a tribal settlement school in Alandurai village near Coimbatore.
- Conducted a mass awareness campaign about cancer at Coimbatore, in tie-up with Coimbatore Cancer Foundation.
List of activities for (2013-2014)
WE CARE for employees
- Eye Care Camp for employees: Tie ups with eye hospitals for complete eye checkups across all Business Units
- Art of Living classes across all Business units
- Launch second phase of foot-care
- Diabetes screening and blood pressure check up
- Supplying free clean drinking water to 10 needy government schools across our BU’s
- Eye camps in villages across our BU’s
- Donation of computers to needy government schools
- Implementation of waste management project with a NGO in Coimbatore in and around Perianaickenpalayam
We Care Activities Forecast (October 2012 – March 2013)
- Joy of giving week (Grocery requirements for identified orphanages/ old-age homes / hospices will be communicated to employees. Boxes to collect the groceries will be placed at the work stations were employees can contribute their share towards the cause.)
- Eye Camp at identified villages, were the hospitals have not reached before to conduct any eye camps.
- Identify and adopt schools in remote areas, as an initial step, trees will be planted at those schools and the children of that school will be formed into teams and given the responsibility to grow the trees. As an encouraging factor future follow-up will be done and the teams that have well maintained the tree will receive prizes. In future all programs relating to school will be implemented on the adopted schools and will contribute for the continuous development of the school and the children.
List of programs conducted in the year 2011-12
- Free eye camp at the village of Perumalkovilpathy, where no eye camps had been conducted earlier.
- Cancer awareness campaign at Brookfields mall, Coimbatore, in tie up with the Coimbatore Cancer Foundation.
- Donation of used computer to a Government school for tribal children. Further we educate the teachers of that school on computer science and the maintenance of the donated computer is also borne by Pricol group.
- Pricol staff’s participation in a rally conducted by Siruthuli on World Environment Day to bring awareness among the public to protect nature.